Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

Everything we do has consequence - whether the outcome is positive or negative depends on many factors and viewpoints.

Today I want to send out a very special thank you Mia, a sister in the Seva challenge, who has decided to donate what she has raised so far to my fundraising goal. With that amount we have now raised $7,077.75!! I am teary eyed just thinking about it. Namaste Mia - I bow to the divine in you.

Thank you Mia. Thank you to everyone who helped you raise the money. Thank you to everyone who is supporting this simple, sustainable way to make a positive difference in the world. Beyond politics, beyond borders and religious views - just one community helping out another and not wanting anything in return.

That is some positive news to focus on in these confusing and troubling times on our planet - good stuff like this is what builds bridges of peace from person to person, from place to place. I am continually touched by the generosity and support I find in the community where I live and grew up. I could not ask for better friends, teachers, co-workers, community and family. I am beyond grateful and thankful everyday.

What better way to salute veterans on this day than to try and make the world a better place so no one has to fight anymore. Idealistic but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment