Thursday, February 19, 2009

Karma explosion



As I gather together my ideas, groups and resources and begin to plan fundraising events I keep reflecting on how important our little deeds of goodness are, and how true it is that a small group of people can bring about large global change... And how huge positive energy and action radiates out into the world - how many countless lives are touched by that. It floors me when I really start thinking about it... how big the circles within circles become. It freaks me out in a good way, and makes me smile big.

A few weeks ago I had my first fundraiser ~ it was small but nothing could have been more special. My dear friend, pictured above, is about to give birth to her first child. (please take a moment and be in awe of this woman - full wheel, 8 months pregnant - hell yeah!) I wrote before about the special class we had honoring her and the lotus of power that she is. The class was so moving on so many levels and continues to be. Beyond the gift of honoring a friend was the gift given to me, and those in need in Uganda... all the revenue generated by that special class went towards my challenge. (Thank you Shani)

Reflecting more on this I am struck by the connection between the yoga kula and the community in Uganda... so many people who will never meet were brought together by this class. And this small child, not even born, has altered the world for good already. Talk about starting off on the right foot! Women, children and future generations of children in Uganda and a little, well loved baby-to-be here in the states, are now woven together forever in this beautiful web. This gives me chills and immediately creates this visualization of golden ripples in a huge cosmic pond radiating out infinitely...

Ka-pow! Good Karma Explosion!

Photo by Rob Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment